We would like to offer consumers a hassle-free shopping experience, and this shall always be the commitment of Nextie.
Nextie offers an industry leading warranty for replacement and refund, which covers both defects in material, and the manufacturing process, from the date when the product arrives at your door.
This includes complete wheelsets and rim only purchases. Home or shop built wheelsets are only covered for the rim.
Premium Rims have a three (3) year warranty.
Non-premium (also known as Classic) Rims have a two (2) year warranty.
The following models, have a one (1) year warranty: NXT29XC24, NXT27XC24, NXT26XC24, NXT29XC27, NXT27XC27, NXT29XC30 and NXT29AS30.
Warranty is transferable. Please provide the new owner with a copy of the original purchase invoice, as this will be required for audit purposes upon making a claim.
- Inflation pressure above the maximum specified in the product description.
- Incorrectly installed, adjusted or serviced parts.
- Normal wear and tear (including scratches, chips, worn bearings).
- Parts from other manufacturers such as hubs (we will assist with warranty claims).
- Damage sustained from crashes or impacts.
Since crashing is often part of riding MTB, we do offer a Crash Replacement discount of 30% off Nextie’s current RRP for your rim, which can be found at www.nextie.net (rim only, excludes freight and rebuild costs).
Crash Replacement Policy
Nextie have designed their mountain bike rims to be extremely durable and have one of the lowest warranty claim rates in the carbon rim industry.
After building thousands of wheels and gathering years of feedback, it’s clear than on the rare occasion a carbon rim fails while mountain biking, it is when the rim makes direct contact with a rock or other hard object. By checking your air pressure before every ride and not riding on a flat or deflating tyre you can generally avoid any damage from rock strikes.
However, since these types of things do happen occasionally we wanted to put a special section on our Warranty page about it.
A rock strike or damage from a crash is not a manufacturing defect. So, while we will provide a 30% discount on the purchase of a replacement rim under our crash replacement policy, you will be responsible for labour charges (i.e. if you need a wheel rebuilt), parts, and shipping.
Crash Replacement Policy Duration and Transfer
This policy is transferable from the original owner of the rim. Valid proof of purchase, pictures of the damage, and rim serial numbers are required for a crash replacement claim. This policy may be applied or rejected based on technical analysis of rim damage by Nextie engineers; we hold the right to categorize damage as a rock strike, crash, manufacturing defect, alien-induced, etc.
If the rim is within it’s warranty period (see above), it will be covered by our Crash Replacement Policy.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, please follow the instructions below to submit a claim to receive a:
- Return or exchange
Should your purchase be found to be defective in manufacturing technique, (within the warranty period and after inspection of the defects), you may be entitled to a replacement. This will be to the same specifications or the equivalent value in accordance with the original purchase price.
However, if the model you’ve purchased is not available or no longer listed on the website when the claim is submitted, a product with the equivalent value will be provided.
This warranty shall be null and void if the product you purchased was:
- Damaged by accidental events, abuse, negligence or other causes irrelevant to the latent defects of the products.
- Not used in compliance with the usage specifications, including, but not limited to, over inflation or incorrect fitment, adjustment or servicing of parts.
When sending the email, please attach the following information: –
- The order number of the defective product;
- The item number of the defective product and its specifications such as weave, finish, spoke holes;
- Photos or videos clearly showing defect parts and the serial number of the product. The serial number is usually located in the rim bed/channel. Please ensure photos are high quality to help speed the process.
- Description of how long and often you have used the product, including how you found the defect. Please include as many details as you can to assist with your claim.
Claims are generally processed within 48 hours (not including weekends, or gazetted holidays). Once a claim has been submitted, we will let you know if the defective product needs to be returned to us or not.
If the claim is made within 30 days after receipt of the product Nextie will cover the cost of returning the product. If the claim falls outside of this time frame, freight shall be at the buyer’s cost.
Processing a Return or Exchange
Should your purchase be defective from a manufacturing technique, inconsistent with your expectations (including incorrect shipment or incorrect placement of orders), you can make a claim for return or exchange of the product.
To prepare return or exchange of the product, please ensure:
- The item(s) are new and have never been used, the warning stickers on item(s) and usage specification are not lost.
- Your item(s) are properly packed in your original box or another box with the usage specification. If you use the original box, the shipping labels on the box must be removed.
1) A defect was found in manufacturing technique;
2) The weave, finish, spoke holes count or other specification is not the same as purchased or agreed (please specify);
3) The product is not what I expected;
4) I placed a wrong order in weave, finish, spoke holes count or other specification by myself and would like to return or exchange.
For reason 1) or 2) listed above, any claim for return or exchange which has been approved, Nextie will organise collection of the faulty product(s).
Processing a Refund
Customers of Nextie can ask for cancellation of an order and request a refund if the request is placed within 24 hours of the order and if the purchase has not been shipped out. Note that 1% of the purchasing price would be charged by Nextie for each refund to partially cover PayPal/merchant fees.
Nextie reserves the ultimate right to interpret this warranty policy.